VISION & MISSION
The program B.A. (Hons.) in English in the Department of English is designed to provide students with a milieu in literature, skills required for effective communication and appreciation in approaching literature. It has also integrated fields of studies to guide students to reach the level of literary expertise that nourishes a humanitarian outlook on life. Keeping this view in mind, the English Language and Literature curriculum emphases the pragmatic purpose of studying English.
Program objectives :-
- To develop the skills of students in the use of idiomatic English and the capability of expressing ideas and thoughts in English by reinforcing the skills of listening, speaking, reading and writing for communicative interaction.
- To introduce the understanding of different cultures and their philosophy as an expression of human values within a historical and social context to establish ‘self’ as a global representative.
- To stimulate a greater appreciation of English language as an aesthetic medium and the artistic principles that shape literary works.
- Bachelor of Arts in English (BA in ENG)
- Master of Arts in English (MA in ENG)